Power BI Tools in Excel – Level 2
This is the second course in the Power BI for Excel 2016 training series. This course builds on the foundation set in the Power BI for Excel Report Builders course. In this course students will learn how to use the Power View, Power Map, and Power Query add-ins. Power BI Report Writers will learn how to use Power View to create highly effective interactive reports using data models created by more advanced Power BI Designers. Students will also learn how to build 3D geospatial reports using Power Map as well as how to transform and query data sources using Power Query. Topics covered include creating effective and professional reports, effectively applying new visualization techniques using Power View, creating geospatial Power Map tours, using data transformations to prepare for data modeling, and creating simple custom data calculations.
Who Should Attend
- Not Specified
Lesson 1 : Introducing Power BI Tools
- Microsoft’s Self-Service Power BI Model
- What Is Power BI for Excel
Lesson 2 : Power View for Excel
- What Is Power View?
- Creating Power View Reports
- Power View Interface Components
- Understanding Table Visualizations
- Chart Visualizations
- Power View Tiles, Slicers, & Multiples
Lesson 3 : Power Map/3D Maps for Excel
- What Is 3D Map/Power Map?
- Preparing a 3D Maps/Power Map Tour
- 3D Maps/Power Map Designer
- 3D Maps/Power Map Formatting Tools
- Finalizing a 3D Maps/Power Map Tour
Lesson 4 : BI Data Query Basics
- What Is a BI Data Query?
- Planning a BI Data Query
Lesson 5 : Query Editor Transformations
- Basic Transformations
- Merging & Appending Queries
- Calculated Columns
- Grouping and Summarizing Data
- Unpivoting Data
- Dealing with Malformed Data
- Finalizing Queries