Application Setup in Microsoft Dynamics®
Application Setup in Microsoft Dynamics®
This two-day Microsoft course provides students with the tools to implement and maintain cross-application setup data after the system components are installed. The focus is on the application-oriented work involved in setting up and maintaining company-wide rules, data, and users.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the dependencies between RapidStart Services and manual setup work.
- Describe the different components and processes of RapidStart Services.
- Explain and demonstrate all tasks in a RapidStart Services process.
- Create a configuration worksheet.
- Create a configuration package.
- Create a configuration questionnaire.
- Create a configuration template.
- Initialize a new company with a configuration package.
- Migrate customer data.
- Transfer opening balances.
- Explain how authentication works in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Manage security for Windows client users.
- Set up a new user.
- Explain the concepts of permission sets and permissions.
- Create a new permission set, and assign permissions to it.
- Apply security filters in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Perform user-specific setup.
- Create, assign, and work with user profiles.
- Explain the purpose of company-wide number series.
- Set up number series.
- Create number series relations.
- Explain and set up trail codes, source codes, and reason codes.
- Explain the purpose and organization of journal templates and journal batches.
- Create general journal templates and general journal batches.
- Explain and set up specific posting groups.
- Explain and set up general posting groups.
- Create a General posting setup.
- Create an Inventory posting setup.
- Explain and set up VAT posting groups.
- Create a VAT posting setup.
- Describe posting setups based on the chart of accounts.
- Demonstrate how posting groups direct a sales transaction.
- Explain and set up dimensions and dimension values.
- Explain and set up global and shortcut dimensions.
- Explain and show how dimension combinations are set up.
- Explain and show how single and multiple default dimensions are set up.
- Explain and show how account type default dimensions are set up.
- Explain and show how default dimension priorities are set up.
- Explain the possibility and resolution of conflicting default dimensions.
- Show how to use dimension and dimension values in journals and documents under different dimension setup scenarios.
- Set up the general features of the document approval system.
- Set up approval templates.
- Set up user logons for use with document approvals.
- Set up approval users in a hierarchy.
- Set up the notification system for approvals.
- Send an approval request.
- Approve a sales or purchase document.
- Maintain substitute approvers.
- Manage overdue notifications.
This course is intended to a partner that sells and implements the Finance module to customers. The typical partner has an ERP background and has a basic understanding of accounting principles.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed course 80439A: Introduction in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and ERP user roles
For a different learning experience, Mercury Solutions Limited. offers top notch education in an all-inclusive package. To reach every student’s learning needs, we have a customized set of course material which caters to the audio, video, and text training. We take care of every possible detail of your comfort, so that you can focus completely on your training.
Our Package includes:
- Round- the- clock instructor-led program and lab access
- One-on-one/group training by certified subject matter experts
- Highly interactive lectures, group exercises, and review sessions
- Intensive hands-on training
- One computer per candidate
- Certification Exam Fees Included.
- Independent study
- Self-testing software
- in-house testing
- 24/7 High speed internet connectivity
- Small class size
- Stay, meals( breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Pick & drop facility to and from the airport, training center and apartment.
Centered around your success, Makintouch Consulting takes pride in offering a learning-conducive and state-of-the-art educational environment wherein you will attend rigorous instructions, hands-on training and also have access to comfortable study rooms for self- study.
- MODULE 1: SET UP A COMPANY BY USING RAPIDSTART SERVICES
- MODULE 2: MANAGE USER RIGHTS AND PROFILES
- MODULE 3: SET UP NUMBER SERIES
- MODULE 4: SET UP TRAIL CODES
- MODULE 5: SET UP GENERAL JOURNAL TEMPLATES AND BATCHES
- MODULE 6: SET UP POSTING GROUPS
- MODULE 7: SET UP DIMENSIONS
- MODULE 8: SET UP AND MANAGE DOCUMENT APPROVALS