Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
This one-day instructor-led course provides an introduction to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011. The course focuses on the user interface and working with the application and provides a foundation for other Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 courses. The course describes Microsoft Dynamics CRM concepts, the Web interface, the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook interface, searching, and reporting.
After completing this course, students will be able to do the following:
• Describe at a high level key Microsoft Dynamics CRM concepts.
• Explain how customer records, addresses, notes, attachments, connection records, and activities are recorded in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and how to configure personal options.
• Work with records and views.
• Use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook to track and synchronize items and manage offline capability.
• Search and report on Microsoft Dynamics CRM data.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for individuals who plan to implement, use, maintain, or support Microsoft Dynamics CRM in their organization. The course is intended for anyone who wants to gain foundational knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011
Module 1: Microsoft Dynamics CRM Concepts This module provides a high-level overview of Microsoft Dynamics CRM and describes ways to navigate the application.Lessons
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM functionality
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM clients
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM records
- The Get Started pane
- Application navigation
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM Help and the Resource Center
Lab : Navigate Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Module 2: Working with the Application This module explains how customer records are used in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. It describes how addresses, notes, attachments, connection records, and activities are recorded in Microsoft Dynamics CRM and how to configure personal options.Lessons
- Customer records
- Notes and attachments
- Personal options
Lab : Work with Core Records and Personal Options
Module 3: Working with Records This module describes views and how to filter views. It further explains ownership of records, how to share records, how to delete and edit multiple records, how to import records, and how to run a mail merge.Lessons
- Record ownership
- Sharing records
- Deleting and editing records
- Import records
- Mail merge with Microsoft Word
Lab : Import ContactsLab : Mail Merge
Module 4: Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook This module explains how to work with Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, how to manage tracked items, how records are synchronized from Microsoft Dynamics CRM to Outlook, how conditional formatting can be applied to lists of records, and how Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook offline capability works. Lessons
- Integration with Outlook
- Tracking Outlook items
- Synchronizing records
- Conditional formatting
- Offline capability
Lab : Tracking RecordsLab : Configure Outlook Synchronization FiltersLab : Offline Capability Module 5: Searching and Reporting This module describes ways to find and report on data in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.Lessons
- Search using quick find
- Search using Advanced Find
- Manage saved views
- Export to Excel
- Default reports
- The Report Wizard
- Overview of charts and dashboards