Prince 2 Foundation Training Boot Camp
Projects bring together resources, skills, technology and ideas to deliver business benefits or to achieve business objectives. Good project management helps to ensure that these benefits and objectives are delivered to an appropriate level of quality and within the constraints of time and cost. It is also an essential element in managing the risks inherent in change and innovation. PRINCE2™ is a comprehensive, structured project management method used extensively by the UK government. It is also widely recognized and used by the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. The method can be applied to all kinds of projects including information systems projects.
The aim of this 3-day course is to provide delegates with a comprehensive introduction to PRINCE2 and to prepare delegates for the PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate examination (included in the course) administered by the Association of Project Managers Group (APMG).
This Prince2 Foundation training course is accredited by APMG.
Prince 2 Foundation Course Objective
On completion of this Prince2 Foundation training delegates will have learned how to:
- Recognize the factors which enable successful projects
- Describe the main PRINCE2 components, processes and techniques
- Describe the key PRINCE2 management products
- Recognize and use the main PRINCE2 terminology
- Apply the PRINCE2 processes used in controlling the progress of a project
- Apply the PRINCE2 product-based planning technique
- Prepare for and take the PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Examination
This PRINCE2 Foundation training is recommended for team leaders, junior project managers or staff employed in team manager, project support and project assurance roles in a PRINCE2 environment. It is also suitable for all staff working on any type of project and for experienced project managers who require a comprehensive introduction to the PRINCE2 method. Previous experience of PRINCE2 is not necessary.
The Prince 2 Foundation Exam
PRINCE2 Foundation is the first of the two PRINCE2 Examinations you are required to pass to become a PRINCE2 Practitioner. This level aims to measure whether a candidate would be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2. To this end they need to show they understand the principles and terminology of the method, specifically, candidates must be able to:
- Describe the purpose and major content of all roles, the eight components, the eight processes and the sub-processes, and the techniques
- State which management products are input to, and output from the eight processes
- State the main purpose, and key contents, of the major management products
- State the relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management dimensions of a project
The exam is:
- One hour duration
- 75 questions
- 38 correct answers are required to pass , Closed-book
All successful delegates will receive the PRINCE2 Foundation certificate from the APMG.
What’s Included in this Prince2 Foundation Course
- Examination and Registration Fees
- The official OGC Prince2 manual
- Pre-course instructions and essential pre-course reading
Our Prince2 Instructors
All our instructors are practicing Project Managers, with many years of experience managing projects of varying size. All instructors are themselves "Registered PRINCE2 Practitioners" and have been additionally approved by the APMG to deliver the training.
Prince 2 Foundation Course Outline
- Projects and project management
- Benefits of a structured approach
- Overview of PRINCE2
- The PRINCE2 process model
- PRINCE2 management products
- Developing a business case
- Project organisation & project management team roles
- Project assurance and support
- Plans and the product-based planning technique
- Controls, including Work Packages and Checkpoint reports
- Management of risk
- Quality in a project environment
- Change control and configuration management
- Project document management
- The PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Examination
Thank you for choosing Makintouch Consulting for IT education and training.
After you fill out the online registration form, you will be contacted by a representative to confirm the details and proceed further with the process.