Overview – Lean Six Sigma
In today’s manufacturing environment, you must find new ways to satisfy customer expectations while achieving profitable growth. Manufacturers require increasingly powerful means to achieve the breakthrough performance improvement to remain competitive and profitable.
The manufacturing industry has been beleaguered by obstacles. Nearly every news outlet has covered the closing of factories, labor disputes between companies and their employees or reductions in force due to the shift of labor off-shore. The reputation of the industry has been marred by low wages and less than desirable working conditions, in addition to quality-control problems.
Research as shown that the biggest obstacle facing the manufacturing sector today is the lack of skilled training. This obstacle has forced so many manufacturing companies to close down their businesses. This resulted to the development of the LEAN SIX SIGMA METHODOLOGY.
WHAT IS LEAN SIX SIGMA?
Lean Six Sigma is a methodology that relies on a collaborative team effort to improve performance by systematically removing waste and reducing variation. Lean Six Sigma is also, a methodology actually designed to improve the performance of manufacturing industry. It was originally developed as a kind of quality control especially for large scale manufacturing companies. The main purpose of this quality control system was to improve the manufacturing processes along with eliminating the number of defects found in them. Later on the methodology of Six Sigma was extended to various other types of industries irrespective of their size all over the world.
Would You Like To Register for The Training Today?
Kindly find the form below
THE MAIN FEATURES OF LEAN SIX SIGMA.
The main features of Six Sigma for improvement in manufacturing industry include:
- A clear focus on quantifying and measuring the financial returns of any project.
- The passionate commitment and support of the managers of an organization about their leadership Creation of infrastructure of professionals similar to the levels of martial arts.
- Allow clearly define the responsibilities and role of every individual within the team for improving the manufacturing process of the organization.
Benefits of Six Sigma Training
- The Six Sigma approach helps your organization improve the quality of your processes by identifying causes of errors, and helping create action steps to minimize and correct future mistakes.
- The Six Sigma methodology is useful for a wide range of organizations from manufacturing processes, to logistics and retail operations.
- It is designed to:
- Improve efficiencies
- Reduce Costs
- Improve Customer Satisfaction
- The Six Sigma practice applies to business and technology via:
- Network Infrastructure
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- E-Business Interfaces
- Software Applications
The prime goal of Six Sigma methodology is to make sure that The occurrence of 3.4 defects per million chances is the ultimate goal of this system.
- To Know the best techniques your company needs to adopt in producing quality products.
- To be able to practice the goals of Lean Six Sigma, which its sole purpose is to; make it almost impossible to find any defect in the production of your products and services. In fact it is designed for the improvement in the quality of production of the organizations by improving their manufacturing processes.
- Reduce operational expenditures and enhance your bottom line.
- Standardize practices, maximize teamwork and minimize errors, increasing customer satisfaction.
- We work closely with your project team to identify the problems, then develop and implement continual improve performance solutions.
- To be able to Implement this methodology in your organization effectively in your organization.
We provide a Pre and Post training skill assessment: We will conduct skill assessment of delegates to determine their knowledge level before and after the training and shall undertake to furnish the organization with a comprehensive report a week after training delivery. This report will capture the following:
- The feedback of participants on the quality of facilitation
- What the sessions achieved
- Our recommendations to the organization
LEAN SIX SIGMA TRAINING INFORMATION.
Lean Six Sigma Process Improvements.
An organization is only as good as its processes (Rummler 1996).
Improved processes lead to better efficiency in organizations and have direct impact on the bottom-line, profits or customer service. As competition becomes more intense resulting in lower profit margins, business leaders agree that business process management is one sure way to reduce cost and improve the bottom-line.
The quality of an organizations products and services has direct relationships to the processes leading to the product or service. Process improvements introduce changes to our processes to help improve the quality of our service or product, reduce waste and cost, and step up schedule. Process Improvement efforts have been reported to reduce cost and schedule by as much as 90% while enhancing quality by over 60%.
Aiming at continuous process improvement is reducing business risk. Business risk directly linked to poor processes could arise from any of the following:
- Wasted efforts
- Not collecting and managing requirements effectively
- Relying on poor estimates
Our approach helps you identify and measure critical success factors in your processes to provide early warning indicators of potential issues and these approach suites organizations that are for-profit, nonprofit, government agency or any other going concern.
Register now for our Take the Lead series, offering various Process Improvements trainings leading to credentials.
Lean Six Sigma
Lean Six Sigma is today’s most dynamic management approach for dramatically improving product and process quality and can be applied to every facet of business, from production, to human resources, to order entry, to technical support, to supply chain.
Lean Six Sigma is a business process management methodology that seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects and minimizing variability in business processes.
The fundamental Six Sigma formulae is Y=f(X), simply put, this equation means that your organizations ability Y to deliver quality products and services to its customers and achieve a desired bottom line is a function of or directly related to the inputs X of your organizations processes.
Though originally developed for private sector industry, Six Sigma methodologies has been successfully implemented in Government processes to eliminate waste, improve processes and cut cost. As most Government agencies often work on very tight budgets, the implementation of Six Sigma will be very beneficial in achieving Government objectives.
Some of the acclaimed benefits of implementing Six Sigma include:
Money – Six Sigma focuses on eliminating inefficient processes that waste resources
Customer satisfaction – Six Sigma focuses on the Critical-to-quality (CTQ) expectations of your customers.
Competitive advantage – Six Sigma allows you become more competitive as you have reduced your cost of doing business, meet the expectations of your customers and have earned a reputation for quality
Across- the- board shift in company behavior
The Six Sigma methodology uses statistical tools to identify the vital few factors, the factors that matter the most for improving the quality of processes and generating bottom-line results and consists of five phases – DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control)
The Six Sigma approach utilizes a lot of data to achieve process improvements.
*****All our Six Sigma training and certification incorporates the Lean Management philosophy and meets all requirements of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and International Society for Six Sigma Certifications Body of Knowledge (BOK).