Digital Marketing Course Outline
The following is a general outline of the course content. The actual sequence of topics covered in specific sessions may vary somewhat, depending upon availability of guest speakers (if applicable) and delivery format of the individual instructor.
Introduction and Basics
- Introductions & Course Overview
- History Of The Internet
- Who Is Online & What Do They Do Online?
- What Do The Statistics Tell Us?
- How Does The Net Differ From Other Channels?
- Strategic Approach to Digital Marketing
Strategy & The Internet
- Understanding Strategy vs. Tactics
- Corporate vs. Online Strategy
- Comparing Leading Views Of Online Strategy
- Building Your Online Strategy
Web Site Best Practices
- Navigation & Usability, Design & Presentation, Content, E-commerce
- The Components Of Building, Branding & Maintaining A Successful Site
- The Essential Web Site Checklist
Social Media, Conversations, Community & Content
- What is Social Media?
- RSS/XML Feeds, Tagging and Sharing
- Marketing Through Social Media: Blogs, Podcasts, Wikis, Video
- Social Networks, Online Communities & Virtual Worlds
- Conversation & Content Strategy
E-mail Marketing & Getting To the Inbox
- E-mail Marketing Background & Strategies
- Building Lists & Permission
- Retention & Readership – Getting To the Inbox & Getting Read
- Inbox Effectiveness: Deliverability, Testing & Tracking
Search: Getting Found Online
- The Importance & Power Of Search
- Search Engine Visibility
- Search Engine Marketing
Online Advertising & Media
- What Is Online Advertising?
- Traditional’ online ads – Banners, Buttons and Pop-Ups
- Rich Media advertising
- Pricing Models & Delivery Options
- Mobile landscape
- Stats & Research
- Mobile Tactics
- Audience engagement
Building Online Traffic
- What Is Viral, Buzz Marketing & Word-of-Mouth
- Media Allocations
- Cross-channel Marketing strategies
Web Analytics, Business Intelligence & Customer Intel
- Using the Net for Business Intelligence
- Understanding Web Analytics & Behavioural Measurement
- Getting Feedback Through Your Site And Through The Web
- Knowing and Helping Your Customers
- Tracking and Analyzing Customer Actions
- Using Database Marketing & One-To-One Tactics In The Online World
E-Commerce & Applying the Online Marketing Toolkit
- Putting It All Together
Industry Insider Roundtable
- Testing and Optimization Understanding Metrics That Determine Success
Class Assignment – Building an Online Marketing Plan
- Teams will present their plans to the class
- Panel Discussion – we will be inviting a group of online industry marketing leaders to discuss both current successes and what they see in the future for online marketing
Thank you for choosing Makintouch Consulting for IT education and training.
After you fill out the online registration form, you will be contacted by a representative to confirm the details and proceed further with the process.