Certified Information Security Management [CISM] Information Technology Certifications
About: Certified Information Security Management
While information security management has become more easily accessible and readily available, the associated risks and security threats have not only increased in number, but also complexity. As a result, the importance of ensuring that an enterprise’s information is protected has also increased. It is now more important than ever for executives to ensure that their IT security managers have the expertise needed to reduce risk and protect the enterprise.
Designed specifically for information security professionals who are preparing to sit for the CISM exam, the course focuses on the four content areas of the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) job practice: information security governance, risk management and compliance, information security program development and management, information security incident management. Sample exam items will be used throughout the course to reinforce content and familiarize attendees with the CISM exam question format.
Likewise, this training demonstrates proven the ability of an individual in to develop and manage an entire information security program, on understanding the business goals and objectives.
- This certification will Distinguish your competency in information security expertise as well as in the development and management of an information security program.
- This course will put you in an elite peer network
- This course is considered essential to ongoing education, career progression and value delivery to enterprises.
Duration: 5 Weekdays | 5 Weekends Classroom Training
To apply for CISM certification, the candidate must fulfill the required experience/qualification as mentioned below.
Five years of experience in the Information Security Management Field
A) The qualified experience must include a minimum 3 years of experience in any of the three  job practice domains namely,
- Information Security Governance.
- Information Risk management.
- Information Security Program Development and Management.
- Information Security Incident Management.
B) A substitute up to two (2) years of Information Security Management experience with waivers, that includes,
- General information security work experience (minimum of 1 month, maximum of 2 years)
- Current CISSP in good standing (2-year waiver)
- Current CISA in good standing (2-year waiver)
- Postgraduate degree relevant to Information Security Management (2-year waiver)
- Information Systems Management experience (1-year waiver)
- Skilled based certification, such as GIAC, MCSE, CompTIA Security+, CBCP, ESL IT Security Manager (1-year waiver)
Please Note: The work experience you use for certification need to be verified
Need a kickstart?
For a unique learning experience, Makintouch Consulting offers top notch education in an all-inclusive package. To reach every student’s learning needs, we have a customized set of course material which caters to the audio, video, and text training. We take care of every possible detail of your comfort, so that you can focus completely on your training.
- Round- the- clock Instructor-led program and lab access
- One-on-one/group training by Certified Subject matter experts
- Highly interactive lectures, group exercises, and review sessions
- Intensive Hands-on Training
- One computer per candidate
- Certification Exam Fees Included.
- Independent study
- Self-testing software
- in-house testing
- 24/7 High speed internet connectivity
- Small class size
- Stay, meals( breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Pick & drop facility at the airport, local transport
Centered around your success, Makintouch takes pride in offering a learning-conducive and state-of-the-art educational environment wherein you will attend rigorous instructions and hands-on training, plus also have access to comfortable study rooms for self- study.
Join Makintouch… have technology at your tips.